E for Everyone
A downloadable game
E for Everyone is a retro-style FPS with an over-the-top blend of "dark" themes and campy ridiculousness. Meant to harken back to olde tyme shooters of yore, this game combines 3D level geometry with Doom-esque spritework and an emphasis on fast, simple run 'n gun gameplay.
As the Abuela, you will drunkenly stumble into a smoldering cesspit of hell, armed with only your slipper and a magical hand-vac that censors enemies by changing them into more grandma-approved creatures. Fight deeper into the labyrinth and uncover the source of evil - put your foot down on all this hellspawn and make your town a little more "E for Everyone".
- Satisfying, polished FPS mechanics and movement give the player a high degree of power & freedom
- Three expansive levels filled with hazards, details and environmental storytelling
- Comedic narrative properly conveys you are an indestructible grandma who don't tolerate no demons in HER town
- Six unique enemies with their own AI routines, behavior patterns and encounter styles
Under the Hood
- "E for Everyone" is a student project, made in 16 weeks by a team of nine.
- Enemy sprites were created using an authentic capture process that mimics the 3D-model-to-2D-sprite workflow from 1993's Doom
- Custom developer tools were created to enhance level design workflow and encounter placement
- Level streaming and checkpoint systems were created to expand on Unity's base scene functionality
Deunan Durlauf - Producer
Angel Rodriguez - Creative Director
Kathleen Allewelt - Lead Artist
John Rosato - Lead Designer
Zach Mauldin - Programmer
Ramsey Lee - Artist
Tomas Gutierrez - Artist
Dylan Burke - Designer & Sound Tech
Stanley DePryor - Designer
Thanks for playing E for Everyone! After download, extract zip file, then run E for Everyone.exe to play. Smoothest experience is played with Xbox 360/Xbox One controller, but mouse+keyboard is supported.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.